Thursday, November 19, 2015

Yeah, I kinda feel like "everything" is against me.

When I was in 9th grade, wtc attack happened, my school started broadcasting the usa pledge of allegiance during announcements every day. I continued my tradition of not joining in, which I had been doing ever since 5th grade. Although it was mostly irrelevant because my 7th and 8th grade schools didn't even ever do the pledge and the 9th grade school didn't do it until 9-12-01.

Anyway, someone, Amanda Free, was ridiculously mad at me for not saying the pledge, and she tried to prevent me from leaving the room during (which the vp had said I had to do if I didn't want to participate), and she stalked me through the halls yelling at me about soldiers, and she enlisted two friends of hers to throw food at me during lunch, and then two of these people pushed me in the hallway in this totally ridiculous display. Anyway, then a janitor who saw them push me told me to go tell the principal, who was in the cafeteria. [skipping some of the story here, because it's not relevant to my point right now]
Then I was in the vp's office, the same one who had said I had to leave the room if I didn't want to stand during the pledge with everyone else, and he had called other people in and other people had just wandered in to listen, andso I was LITERALLY SURROUNDED by like 6 people, including a cop with  a gun, and they were making me tell the story of how Amanda and her friends had been harassing me for the past two weeks for the 3rd time, and I was starting to get unnerved by all these people in the room, in the tiny office, and one of them was looking at me with this intense look of disgust and hatred, like she thought I was literally the worst person ever in the whole world, just because I didn't want to involve myself in their pledging tradition. Everyone in the room looked hateful. That one person was the worst, but I was surrounded by enemies. (skipping the rest of the story, but it ended with me being suspended from school for three days and paying a 526$ fine and going to court to be yelled at by a judge. And the actual criminals had no repercussions at all.)

I don't want to ever be in that situation again. So the housing director wants to meet with me. I'm talking to a secretary or something and I say I'll talk to the director on the phone. But then she says it has to be in person. Why? I point out to her that sounds like it's INTENDED to be threatening to me, to make me uncomfortable and put me at a disadvantage. I offer to meet the director in the student center where there will be lots of other people around. She says no because "this is her office and this is where she does her work". Um ok, but that's not where I do my work. She's the one who wants to meet with me, but she won't use the phone or walk to another building.

She said either schedule an in-person meeting right now or I'm referring it to the dean of students. I said I'm not going to meet in a secluded space with ANYONE repeat repeat repeat like 12 times, until I said "OK bye".

Then I called the dean of students and left a message for him to call me because of course he wasn't there. (Sidenote, I think the dean of students should be available to students.)

Anyway I think this will all somehow result in me being kicked out of the dorms. It doesn't matter if I'm right. Things literally never go my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment